If Evoenergy (ActewAGL) has sent you a letter requesting you cut back your trees from around powerlines our Evoenergy accredited tree surgeons can help. Powerline clearing is our core business. We have the latest powerline clearing machinery and provide our staff with regular up to date safety training. TreeWorks carries insurance to make sure you and your property are protected.
Call 1800 873 343 or contact us for a free no obligation quote.
Powerline tree trimming facts:
- The trees on your property are your responsibility
- Tree clearance from powerlines needs to be kept 1.5m from the lines
- In bushfire prone areas the distance should increase by 0.5m to 2 metres clearance
- For higher voltage powerlines within the urban area the minimum clearance increases to 3m. If you’re unsure of the voltage of powerlines call Evoenergy on 13 23 86
- Powerline clearing is usually carried out to keep the cables clear of growth for up to 3 years following cutting
- You must use an Evoenergy accredited tree surgeon to work near powerlines
- TreeWorks can do the paperwork to arrange the ‘shutdown’ with the electricity company on your behalf
- Once the work is done we will clean up the mess, leaving your property clear of branches and tidy
- We can take away the vegetation, turn it into mulch or leave timber for you to split
- For more information visit Evoenergy
Powerline work is extremely dangerous. Our highly qualified staff use a variety of cutting techniques including climbing, pole saws and lift platforms. Work is usually carried out while the circuit is “live” but where we need to cut very close to High Voltage Lines or if the work is dangerous, it may require the power company to “shutdown” the circuit.
If any damage occurs to the wires and you have not used the services of an accredited Evoenergy tree surgeon, you will be liable for any down-line damage.