If ActewAGL has sent you a letter requesting you cut back your trees from around powerlines our ActewAGL accredited tree surgeons can help. Powerline clearing is our core business. We have the latest powerline clearing machinery and provide our staff with regular safety training. TreeWorks carries insurance to make sure you and your property are protected. Call 1800 873 343 for a free no obligation quote.
Powerline clearing facts:
- The trees on your property are your responsibility
- Branches need to be kept 1.5m from the lines and .5m in bushfire areas
- Powerline clearing is usually carried out to keep the cables clear of growth for up to 5 years following cutting
- You must use an ActewAGL accredited tree surgeon to work near powerlines
- TreeWorks can do the paperwork to arrange the ‘shutdown’ with the electricity company on your behalf
- Once the work is done we will clean up the mess and leave your property tidy
- We can take away the vegetation, turn it into mulch or leave timber for you to split.
- For more information visit www.actewagl.com.au
Powerline work is extremely dangerous. Our highly qualified staff use a variety of cutting techniques including climbing, pole saws and lift platforms. Work is usually carried out while the circuit is “live” but where we need to cut very close to High Voltage Lines or if the work is dangerous, it may require the power company to “shutdown” the circuit.
If any damage occurs to the wires and you have not used the services of an accredited ActewAGL tree surgeon, you will be liable for any downline damage. You can find more information at ActewAGL