It makes sense to have your trees checked by an arborist periodically to determine if they pose any risk to people or property. If you are concerned about any of the trees in your garden we can arrange a free on-site assessment. With over 20 years experience in looking after trees in Canberra our senior arborist is one of the most trusted in the region.
Keeping trees safe is the responsibility of the property owner. If you see any of these tell-tale signs listed below call us to arrange an assessment.
Some signs a tree may be structurally unsound and need attention
- Dead limbs which must be removed immediately
- Cracks, cavities and splits can be a sign the tree is failing
- Rotten wood along the trunk which is crumbly is a sign of decay
- Cankers or where you see the bark has sunk are mostly caused by disease or wounds and can weaken the trunk
- Funghi or mushrooms growing around the base of a tree is a sign that a tree might be under stress
- If you see a mound, or soil lifted near a tree it may be a sign the tree has root problems and could fall over
- Branch unions which form a strong “v” can signify a weak connection
- Root damage from pavements
- Leaves falling off at the wrong time of the year is a sign of stress
- Trees that are unbalanced – that is most of their weight leans to one side
TreeWorks is Canberra’s leading tree services business. We are a fully licensed & insured tree removal company and a member of Arboriculture Australia. Our climbers are fully trained and some of our arborists have over 25 years experience in large scale tree surgery and removals.
TreeWorks …. truly tree-mendous