Dead branches, decay, or dropping limbs – don’t delay! If you have any concerns about a tree in your residential garden in the ACT, Bungendore, Yass, and surrounding region we can arrange a free, no-obligation on-site assessment with one of our expert arborists to check the health of your trees.
Keeping your trees safe is the responsibility of homeowners. We recommend an arborist checks them periodically to see if they pose a risk to property or people. Don’t take the risk!
What are some tell-tale signs a tree may be dangerous?
- Dead limbs which must be removed immediately
- Cracks, cavities and splits can be a sign the tree is failing
- Rotten wood along the trunk which is crumbly is a sign of decay
- Cankers or where you see the bark has sunk are mostly caused by disease or wounds and can weaken the trunk
- Pests and insect infestation can cause significant damage to trees
- Fungi or mushrooms growing around the base of a tree is a sign that a tree might be under stress
- If you see a mound, or soil lifted near a tree it may be a sign the tree has root problems and could fall over
- Branch unions which form a strong “v” can signify a weak connection
- Root damage from pavements
- Leaves falling off at the wrong time of the year is a sign of stress
- Trees that are unbalanced – that is most of their weight leans to one side
Pruning trees correctly when they are young can save a lot of cost and problems later on and prevent tree removals. If it’s not done properly it can cause multiple structural problems and expose the tree to disease.
Make sure any tree surgeon or arborist you use is insured and fully qualified.