We have already seen the impact of bushfires in NSW this season and it’s a sad reminder of how fast fires can travel. Embers can be carried by wind and for travel kilometres in front of a bush fire, so you don’t have to live right next to the bush to be affected by bushfire. In fact, over 90% of houses that burn during bushfires do so as a result of embers.
Here’s some tips to reduce your risk from ember and fire damage:
- clear your gutters of leaves and debris – TreeWorks can do this for you
- remove overhanging branches from your roof and back from the house.
- remove dead trees or shrubs
- clear away loose or hanging bark from trees and make sure bushes around the house and under trees are trimmed
- remove dead leaves from around garden close to your house and remove dead twigs and branches from trees
- ensure irrigation pipe is buried well below the surface
For more information visit ACT Emergency Services
TreeWorks is a leading tree services business operating in Canberra, Southern Tablelands and Southern Highlands. We are a fully licensed, ACTEW accredited & insured tree surgery company and a member of Arboriculture Australia. Our climbers are fully trained and some of our arborists have over 25 years experience in large scale tree surgery and removals. Call 1300 135 835 or contact us.
TreeWorks …. truly tree-mendous