Ways you can reduce the risk of bushfires in your backyard or garden:
- Cut back all overhanging branches from the roof and walls of any buildings or structures
- Clear your gutters of any leaves and debris
- Trim shrubs and bushes from around the house
- Remove shrubs and bushes from under trees
- Remove dead trees or shrubs
- Remove bark hanging from trees
- Rake up dead leaves and twigs around your garden
- Bury your irrigation pipe well below the surface
- Remove flammable liquids away from the house
- Keep your lawn short
For more helpful information about vegetation management, you can visit RFS NSW or ACT Emergency Services.
TreeWorks is a leading tree services business operating in Canberra, Monaro, and Southern Tablelands. We are a fully licensed, Evoenergy accredited & insured tree surgery company and a member of Arboriculture Australia. Our climbers are appropriately trained and some of our arborists have over 25 years experience in large scale tree surgery and removals. Call 1800 873 343 or book online for a free on-site tree health and safety inspection.