Tree Removal Canberra
While tree removal is always a last resort, there are situations where it is necessary. TreeWorks can help you decide whether or not a tree should be removed. It’s important to be aware that as of 1 January 2024 there are changes to the regulations for trees in the ACT. Trees on private (leased) land may be protected under the Urban Forest Act 2023 as a ‘regulated’ or ‘registered’ tree. Find out more here.
Our tree surgeons have the skills and equipment to safely and professionally remove trees.
Tree Removal Services we offer:
- FREE on-site verbal assessment
- Carry out a risk assessment and tree removal plan
- Remove tree or cut back to make safe
- Arrange traffic management if required
- Tidy up any mess and remove all material from site
- Complete all necessary tree removal paperwork required by your local government
Our arborists are highly qualified and we carry $20m in public liability insurance.
Can I remove a tree on my property? (These regulations will change 1 January 2024)
In the ACT there is legislation to protect trees. Before removing or pruning trees in your garden check if you need development approval from the Tree Protection Unit at the Territory and Municipal Services (TAMS) – this includes the trees in your backyard.
This regulation applies to:
- trees which are 12m or more high or have a canopy 12m or more wide and/or
- have a trunk circumference of 1.5m or more, 1m above natural ground level and/or
- have two or more trunks and the total circumference of all the trunks, 1m above natural ground level, is 1.5m or more.
What are the signs of a dangerous tree?
It’s difficult to see the potential signs of danger in your trees but some key indicators that you need an arborist urgently are:
- Your tree has large holes or hollows
- Branches are dying and dropping
- Your tree starts to lean or lurch
- Your tree has splits
- Mushrooms are growing at the base of the tree
What does it cost to have a tree removed?
The average cost of tree removal is $1000 but can vary between $200 and $10,000. People often wonder why it is so expensive. The cost of tree removal will always depend on the complexity of the job. Here are some elements that can contribute to the price:
- Site access – is there ease of access or will we need to use a crane?
- The complexity of the site – how close are neighbours, fences, sheds, other trees etc.
- Size of tree – larger trees are often more time consuming and cost more to remove.
- Condition of tree – trees that are very compromised are often more dangerous and therefore more expensive to remove.
- Stump removal – tree stumps can be unsightly and annoying. Let us know if you would like your stump removed.
Watch our video to find out why over 6000 Canberrans trust our senior arborist Steve and the tree-mendous TreeWorks crew.
Click here to read more information on removing trees in Canberra
Request Inspection & Quote
Complete the form below and we will get back to you to organise your FREE inspection & quote.