Bungendore, Braidwood, Yass and Michelago have some of the oldest and most beautiful country gardens in NSW. There are oaks, elms and gum trees dating back over a hundred years and they deserve the attention of a highly qualified arborist to prolong their life and keep them looking their best. There are many tree loppers around but it’s important to find a trained arborist who specialises in country gardens and can assess your trees for damage and safety as well as checking them for fire risk. A properly trained arborist will ensure your trees are well balanced. This helps them avoid rotting, splitting or dropping dangerous branches. It also makes them look a whole lot better.
Our senior arborist Steve has been looking after some of the best gardens in the region for over 20 years. He is passionate about his work and highly respected in the industry. There are plenty of tree loppers around but your trees deserve better.
TIPS FOR TREES IN COUNTRY GARDENS
- Have your trees inspected regularly
- Mulch every year with 5-7cm out to the tip of the widest branch
- Deep water over summer
- Plant trees that you see in the region – this ensures they will grow old and strong
- Plant trees that work for the season – shade in summer, sunlight in winter
- Plant trees that are disease and pest resistant. For example Chinese or Japanese elms are more resistant to Elm Leaf Beetle.
- Plant trees near your house that are more fire resistant.