After the crazy rain and weather in the Southern Highlands and region we thought you might like some tips on spotting trees in need of a tree surgeon. We have listed below some telltale signs which indicate a tree may be structurally unsound and need expert advice from an arborist:
- If you see a mound or soil lifted near the base of a tree it may be a sign that the tree is unstable.
- Thin coverage in the canopy or leaves falling off unseasonally is a sign of stress.
- Dead limbs which must be removed immediately.
- Cracks, cavities and splits can be a sign the tree is failing.
- Rotten wood along the trunk which is crumbly is a sign of decay.
- Cankers or where you see the bark has sunk are mostly caused by disease or wounds and can weaken the trunk.
- Pests and insect infestation can cause significant damage to trees.
- Funghi or mushrooms growing around the base of a tree is a sign that a tree might be under stress.
- Branch unions which form a strong “v” can signify a weak connection.
- Root damage from pavement?
- Trees that are unbalanced – that is most of their weight leans to one side.
TreeWorks is a leading tree services business operating in Canberra, Southern Tablelands and Southern Highlands. We are a fully licensed, ACTEW accredited & insured tree surgery company and a member of Arboriculture Australia. Our climbers are fully trained and some of our arborists have over 25 years experience in large scale tree surgery and removals. Call 1300 135 835 or contact us.
TreeWorks …. truly tree-mendous