We hope you survived the storms without any damage to your property. If you are worried about your trees or need any help cleaning up call us on 1800 TREE HELP or 1800 873 343 for a free quote and inspection.
Look out for the following tell tale signs of tree damage:
- Dead limbs which must be removed immediately.
- Cracks, cavities and splits can be a sign the tree is failing.
- Rotten wood along the trunk which is crumbly is a sign of decay.
- Cankers or where you see the bark has sunk can weaken the trunk.
- Pests and insect infestation can cause significant damage to trees.
- Funghi or mushrooms growing around the base of a tree is a sign that a tree might be under stress
- If you see a mound, or soil lifted near a tree it may be a sign the tree has root problems and could fall over.
- Branch unions which form a strong “v” can signify a weak connection.
- Root damage from pavements.
- Leaves falling off at the wrong time of the year is a sign of stress.
- Trees that are unbalanced – that is most of their weight leans to one side.